Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Modular House Aztec Style

For some time now we have been working on creating a game level in UDK. We have also been working on our modular house kits in maya, but I kept forgetting to take screen shots to post. Luckily now I have the three major chunks all in one post for you:


This is the beginning stage of the Modular House project. What was required was 3 - 128 unit walls (one plain, one with a door, and one with a window), a trim, and a roof. The only problem is that we did not take into account that the walls had to fit within a 128 BSP in UDK without z-fighting...so I decided to just copy all of my walls over and shorten them so that I only had to put a 1- unit trim at each corner, and bam no z-fighting. I also decided to make my door separate from it's handle so you could mix and match with the other kits just in case someone else did the same thing. I made an extra piece of decorative trim, and a connecting piece for the roof if someone wanted to put two roofs together and make them look like one continuous piece. 


Here are the final textures I choose for the walls. The first red texture I had looked like the fire from Super Mario...it was really bad. As for the current texture, the white and red are two different types of stucco, and you can see in the picture below that I threw in a little gold on the trim that is on the roof. 


This is the house when you put everything together in UDK with a nice afternoon light. Each corner piece, and the trim at the top can be disconnected and moved around, so I had a lot of fun seeing what I could do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment